Romain Broch, sales and marketing manager for Liphatech, outlines the benefits of using a smoke generator to tackle crawling and flying pests.
“For fast and effective knockdown of cockroaches, fleas and a wide range of other insects, pest managers can’t go past Imperator,” said Romain Broch, sales and marketing manager with Liphatech in Australia.
Imperator is a ready-to-use smoke generator that releases very fine particles for maximum penetration into cracks and crevices.
Imperator is both a cost and time effective solution. No special equipment is required, freeing up the pest manager to do other work while the treatment takes place.
To get the best results from Imperator pest managers should do the following:
- Advise neighbours of intention to treat.
- Close doors, windows and ventilators.
- Turn off any smoke alarms in areas to be treated.
- Remove all animals, birds and fish (cover tanks).
- Remove silk and rayon fabrics as discolouration may occur.
- Calculate the volume to be treated (volume = floor area x ceiling height) and determine the required number and appropriate spacing and locations for Imperator units.
- Place each Imperator unit on a fireproof base, ignite (farthest from exit first) and leave the treated area.
- Each Imperator unit will generate smoke for several minutes. Keep the area closed up for at least three hours. For best results, treat late evening and leave area closed overnight.
- Ventilate for at least half an hour before re-entry.
- Adult fleas will be controlled, but those hatching after treatment will survive. A second treatment for fleas a week later is recommended.
- Use Imperator in conjunction with cultural controls such as removal of harbourage and breeding areas of target insects.
“In any situation Imperator will provide a quick knock- down of a wide range of pests including cockroaches, ants, spiders, silverfish, flies, fleas, weevils, etc,” added Mr Broch.
For further advice and information about Imperator, contact your nearest distributor or Mr Broch.